Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sudden Grief

You know what I mean. You're going about your day, watching Disney with your daughter when you check your Facebook...

Your best friend wrote you asking you to call her immediately 15 minutes earlier. This isn't normal.

That's when it came. I felt like Loki being thrown around by the Hulk. One of my best friends from high school, Tim Stephens died in a car accident last night.

In high school, Tim, Sonya, Jason, and I were inseparable. Even before Sonya, the three of us were good friends. All of us were always doing things together. They were always at my house eating my parents out of house and home. At youth events, all of us hung out with each other. The two of us were total opposites. He was totally a cowboy and I was a city slicker. There were lots of jokes about that. He was a loyal friend then, and I'm sure he carried on that characteristic throughout the last several years. Regretfully, I lost contact with him over the years, but recently found him again on Facebook after around seven years of lost contact.

You know that feeling when you see a really good friend for the first time in years? You just carry on like no time has passed. This was like that. I instantly felt like I had just seen him yesterday and now he's gone.

I've experienced deaths in my life. Grandparents and acquaintances. This is the first time a good friend has passed.

While I do grieve and I have cried, there is also a blessed hope. Tim knew God. He is with Him now.

I look forward to the day when the four of us will hang out again; with every other family member and friend in the blessed presence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment